WANTED: Polaris X12 rails or skid

Sell it here

Moderators: Sleddog, mfoster

Vitarious
My Ride: 06 Polaris 700 IQ Touring

WANTED: Polaris X12 rails or skid

Post by Vitarious »

I am in need of a pair of rails or an entire rear suspension for one of my 1996 XLT Touring sleds. Anyone have something they are willing to sell me? I can be reached at 989-202-4402. Thanks! Chad
Chad L. Tremble
Snomad at large...

:sledder:
Chuck Comstock

Re: WANTED: Polaris X12 rails or skid

Post by Chuck Comstock »

So, Chad...what happened? I already gave you a couple Polaris ski's for your sled. What did you do now?
This might help... I suggest you visit Hard Core Performance located at 13495 W. Shore Drive, Houghton Lake MI 48629 989-422-4236. I think you will have a good chance of locating the parts you need at Hard Core Performance. They are on a side street along the west shore of Houghton Lake just south of where the Muskegon River cuts across Old Harrison Road (Old 27). Call them for better directions and to check on the availability of your parts.

Chuck
Chuck Comstock
Vitarious

Post by Vitarious »

The bolt holes where the front stabilizer connects to the rails got a bit worn out. That large hole should only be like a 3/8ths bolt hole.
Attachments
snow1.jpg
snow1.jpg (264.44 KiB) Viewed 64928 times
Chad L. Tremble
Snomad at large...

Chuck Comstock

Post by Chuck Comstock »

Slide Rail Blues! Chad...Guess what? Yesterday, Bill Plewa and I were set up to replace the Hyfax on my 2002 Polaris Classic Touring, the sled I've been driving, and after removing the worn Hyfax on the right side, only to discover it had the wrong profile compared with the replacements I purchased up in Newberry last Sunday, we were unable to remove the left side worn Hyfax. And, after many attempts to pull, hammer, and threaten with a torch, we removed the front bogie wheel and discovered that my left side slide rail was fractured...all the way through! And, the only thing that was holding the rail together was the worn Hyfax! So, after several phone calls to various snowmobile parts sources we ended up ordering a slide rail from Dave Boeman's in Waterford, paid for expedited shipping and hope to have it in my hands by next Tuesday. With the hope that Bill and I can replace the rail by the end of the day on Wednesday, because we need to head to Pellston for our club ride on Thursday! Phew! I've got my fingers crossed...especially since I've never replaced the rail before. So, if you, or any of our club members have and experience changing a slide rail, or suggestions, other than prayer (although prayer will certainly be considered) I would sure like to have some recommendations on what steps need to be taken as we try to do the work ourselves. Just so you know, although you probably already do, the slide rail is an expensive part. With tax and shipping $350.

So, that's why I have the Slide Rail Blues, this morning. How is your search looking?

Chuck
Chuck Comstock
Vitarious

Post by Vitarious »

replacing the rail is the easy part, getting the rear suspension out from under the sled is the hassle. once out, lay the suspension on its side with the bad rail up, remove bolts, lift off, set new in place and rebolt. where u working on it? Up here in Houghton Lake?
Chad L. Tremble
Snomad at large...

Polarized
My Ride: 2019 Polaris Indy SP 600 & 07 Polaris IQ 600HO CFI

Post by Polarized »